Annual Historical Supplement  1967


Annual Historical Supplement
2d Battalion 14th Infantry
APO San Francisco  96385
1 January 1967 Ė 31 December 1967


Operation From To
Lanikai From 1966 13 Feb
Junction City 19 Feb 15 Mar
Base Camp Defense 15 Mar 6 Apr
Makalapa II 7 Apr 17 Apr
Manhattan 23 Apr 15 May
Barking Sands 15 May 8 Dec
Combined Lightning 15 May 15 Sep
Akuma 8 Jul 25 Jul
Coronado II 30 Jul 2 Aug
Delta Co. Formed 3 Aug   
Waimea 22 Aug 26 Aug
Iron Triangle 26 Aug 28 Aug
Kunia 15 Sep 29 Oct
Uniontown 30 Oct 17 Nov
Move to Tay Ninh 17 Nov 25 Nov
Yellowstone 8 Dec 10 Mar 68



   This annual historical supplement covers the period during which the 2d Battalion 14th Infantry was committed to combat operations in Vietnam for its second year.  The year 1967 found the 2/14th Infantry with a variety of missions which took the battalion from the Mekong Delta at the beginning of the year to War Zone C at the close.  During the year the 2/14th Infantry left its permanent base camp at Cu Chi and displaced to Tay Ninh where a base camp construction began once again for the Dragons in conjunction with stepped-up operations in War Zone C.  The operations of 1967 ranged in scope from security missions near Bien Hoa on Operation Uniontown and at Dau Tieng during Junction City to civil action east of Cu Chi on Barking Sands and finally during Operation Yellowstone, to large scale offensive operations in War Zone C at Katum.  Once again the Golden Dragons capably demonstrated as so many times in the past that they could accomplish any assigned mission and added new glories to their rich heritage.

Operation LANIKAI  (continued from 1966  -  13 Feb 67)

   The beginning of the year found the 2/l4th Infantry continuing combat operations in the Delta at Rach Kien with emphasis on joint civil affairs projects.  As the first American unit to operate in the Delta, the Golden Dragons were continually faced with new operational problems and obstacles to overcome.  The soldier had to learn to carry more equipment on more extended operations, to navigate and maneuver in rice paddies and to cross water obstacles in searching and destroying the local VC forces During LANIKAI the Golden Dragons participated in numerous buddy operations with the 1/46th ARVN Bn, demonstrating that US and ARVN forces could operate jointly in successful operations against the local guerrilla force.  The 2/14th Infantry also worked jointly with the 1/50th ARVN Inf and the 3/l0th Cav ARVN.  Although the battalion operated daily in the field on search and clear and search and destroy missions, civil affairs was of extreme importance during this period.  A priority project of the 2/14th Inf in Rach Kien was to re-establish and reopen its school which had been closed since 1965.  Although subjected to continuous VC mortar attacks, the men of the 2/14th Inf continued with undaunted spirit to rebuild the school.  On 23 January 1967, 154 students were present for the official opening ceremony of the school.  The Golden Dragons also renovated the local hospital, conducted MEDCAPS and rebuilt the local marketplace in an effort to win over the people and defeat the presence of Viet Cong influence and domination in the area.  Operation LANAKAI ended on 13 February 1967 with GVN forces back in control of the local area.  During this period the Golden Dragons were credited with 47 KIA's (BC), 188 KIA (Poss), 5 POW's, 5 Chieu Hoiís and captured eleven enemy weapons.  Numerous VC buildings, bunkers and sampans were destroyed.

Operation JUNCTION CITY  (19 Feb 67 - 15 Mar 67)

   On 19 Feb 1967 the 2/14th Infantry conducted air and road movement from Cu Chi to Dau Tieng Base Camp and became the 25th Infantry Division reserve for Operation Junction City.  During this period the Golden Dragons conducted local search and clear and cloverleaf operations in the vicinity of Dau Tieng and conducted reinforced squad-size ambush patrols each night with local PF units.  There were negative incidents of VC contact although numerous detainees were seized during operations and turned over to the National Police.  The battalion underwent changes during this period as it approached completion of its first year in Vietnam.  Captain John Byers assumed command of Company A, Captain Roger Pierce assumed command of Company B, and Captain Fredrick Phillips assumed command of Company C.  The battalion returned to Cu Chi on 15 March 1967 by air and road movement and assumed the mission of base camp defense.

Base Camp Defense Mission  (15 Mar  -  6 April)

   During this period the Golden Dragons were tasked with a variety of missions ranging from security of laterite pits, to Division Reaction Force, to offensive operations in the Filhol Plantation.  Each rifle company was given the opportunity to shake down new replacements in local operations and new commanders took this opportunity to institute new policies and SOPs.  In addition, units were tasked to rebuild bunkers and lay new tactical wire throughout the battalion defensive perimeter.  Also during this period the Golden Dragons were given responsibility for civil action projects in the village of Phuc Vinh Ninh, adjacent to the Cu Chi Base Camp.  The 2/14th Inf conducted MEDCAP operations in the village twice weekly with each session treating an average of 150 patients.  The project was extremely successful and contributed significantly to favorably influencing the local populace, making a lasting impression on the villagers.  Large amounts of clothing were distributed by the Golden Dragons through the Helping Hand Project.

Operation MAKALAPA II  (7 April  -  17 April)

   MAKALAPA II was a Brigade-size operation launched on 7 April 1967 in conjunction with ARVN forces in Luong Hoa province.  The Luong Hoa pineapple plantation had been a VC staging area and forward supply area for some time.  The 2/14th Inf conducted a road movement from Cu Chi to Ben Luc on 5 April 67 and established a fire support base north of Ben Luc.  On 8 April 67 the battalion, in coordination with the l/50th ARVN Inf, launched the operation with a combat assault on 8 separate LZís to destroy VC/NVA forces and installations and block exfiltration out of the objective areas to the east.  The combat assault immediately followed an ARCLIGHT and the Golden Dragons conducted detailed S&D operations in the target area for the next ten days.  Of significance, the Golden Dragons located and destroyed a VC hospital complex, many well fortified camouflaged bunkers, fifty pounds of medical supplies and 13,400 lbs of rice.  Company A located a large weapons cache and although heavily booby trapped, proceeded to exploit the find.  Two 60mm mortars, four 38 cal pistols, four M-1 rifles, 15 Thompson sub-machine guns, 5 carbines, one water-cooled 30 cal machine gun, one Russian light machine gun, one 82mm mortar, 2 75mm recoilless rifles, three BARís and two outboard motors were captured.  Captain John W. Byers later received a letter of congratulations from Gen. William C. Westmoreland for this find.  The Golden Dragons returned to Cu Chi by combination of tactical air and motor convoy movement on 18 April 67, highly elated and proud of its accomplishments in Luong Hoa province.  The Golden Dragons suffered considerable heat casualties initially during MAKALAPA II as a result of new troops who had not fully adjusted to the acclimations transition from the colder weather in the States.  It became a lesson learned that new troops required plenty of water and adequate rest each hour during sustained operations.

Operation MANHATTAN  (23 April 67  -  15 May 67)

   After four days of refitting, the battalion was prepared to participate in an Operation in the BOI WOODS - OPERATION MANHATTAN.  On 23 April advanced elements of the battalion moved to GO DAU HAU to establish a fire support base.  On 25 April the Golden Dragons launched a combat assault in the Boi Loi Woods in conjunction with elements of the First and Second Brigades of the 25th Infantry Division.  The Golden Dragons made sporadic contacts with stay-behind VC forces while conducting battalion search and destroy operations.  Land navigation, due to heavy vegetation and triple canopy foliage, was extremely difficult and only through the use of colored smoke to mark positions was the battalion commander, LTC Charles Gillis, able to control his forces.  Movement by the battalion was limited in some cases to only 500 meters a day.  The Golden Dragons were credited with 2 VC KIA (BC) and 22 VC KIA (POSS) during the operation.  Co A once again added new glories to the battalionís record in finding another large weapons cache.  A total of 92 small arms rifles, 13 sub-machine guns, 1 pistol, 12 machine guns, and one RPG-2 rocket launcher were captured.  It is also of interest to note that one of the Viet Cong KIA (BC) was a squad leader who possessed a certificate naming him Viet Cong Soldier of the Year.  During Operation Manhattan the Golden Dragons located and extracted over 140 tons of polished and unpolished rice which was later redistributed to the Vietnamese people under civil action projects.  Operation Manhattan ended on 15 May 67 and the Golden Dragons returned to Cu Chi to prepare for the monsoon offensive Operation Barking Sands.

Operation Barking Sands  (15 May 67  -  8 Dec 67)

   The Golden Dragons participated in the First Brigade monsoon offensive, Operation Barking Sands, over a seven month period.  Although the operation remained its original title, various operations and missions were conducted which were given subtitles.  For simplicity, each sub-operation will be covered separately.  Command of the Golden Dragons changed from LTC Charles A. Gillis to LTC James Von K. Ladd on 15 May.  On 17 May advance elements of the 2/14th Inf conducted a motor march to the vicinity of AP Bau Tram and established fire support base Scarlet, which was to be the battalion CP for the next four months.  The battalion had the mission of clearing and securing Hwy 8A which runs from Cu Chi to Phu Cuong while elements from the 554th Engineer Bn upgraded the road.  This road had been interdicted and partially destroyed by the VC which prevented the people from transporting goods to the Phu Cuong market since 1963.  Within a week the road had been upgraded and cleared.  Immediately goods began to flow to the Phu Cuong ferry site.  Having opened the road the 2/14th Inf began to search and clear all the villages along Hwy 8A and to S&D the local countryside.  At first US forces were not trusted by the people, however, within days, they were accepted and welcomed by the villagers.  The 2/14th Inf successfully cordoned and searched villages and conducted night ambushes which resulted in many VC KIA (BC) and captured weapons.  The Golden Dragons also received their first taste of bitter fighting for the year 1967 while working the east-west canals running off the Saigon River.  While sweeping a canal south of Phu Cuong, Companies A and C narrowly escaped a VC ambush which was sprung prematurely.  The ensuing six-hour battle saw the Dragons in a heavy firefight supported by US artillery gunships and the 7th USAF in close support.  Reports received from Chieu Hoiís, who surrendered later that week, reflected that sixty VC had been slain in the engagement.

Combined Lightning Initial Project  (15 May 67  -  15 Sept 67)

   The 2/14th Inf launched CLIP as an experiment to see how effective a combined platoon of US, ARVN and RF/PF soldiers would work together.  The project ran in conjunction with the monsoon offensive Operation Barking Sands.  Two RF/PF outposts - TAN PHU TRUNG and VINH CU - were selected for the project.  One platoon-size element consisting of one US squad, one ARVN squad, and one RF/PF squad permanently occupied and defended each outpost.  The mission of each CLIP outpost was local defense of the surrounding village and civic action.  The Golden Dragon personnel selected for CLIP were very much impressed by the results of the program, and felt that each soldier, whether US, ARVN, RF/PF, had a lot to contribute to the effectiveness of the project.  Likewise ARVN and RF/PF soldiers gained a considerable amount of confidence and experience working with the Golden Dragons soldiers.  The CLIP outposts ran daily patrols during daylight and ambush patrols at night with extremely favorable results.  Each outpost was self-sustaining and the Dragons learned a great deal about Vietnamese customs and out of necessity at times - Vietnamese food.

Operation AKUMA  (8 July 1967  -  25 July 1967)

   The 2/l4th Inf, along with the 3/7 ARVN Regt, participated in a First Brigade Operation AKUMA by moving into PHU HOA DONG prior to daylight on 8 July 1967 to assist in emplacing a cordon around the village.  The village was then searched by National Police.  For the next two weeks the Golden Dragons participated in a pacification operation as the village was relocated.  The Golden Dragons soldiers assisted the Vietnamese families in relocating their homes and laid tactical triple concertina wire around the village.  Also members of the unit built an outpost south of the village which, upon completion, was turned over to the 3/7 ARVN Regt to be manned by ARVN soldiers.  The operation proved highly successful and while eliminating many VC from the village which for a long time had been sympathetic to the VC, it also served to place the Vietnamese in a better defensive position from which they could defend themselves.  In conjunction with AKUMA a large scale land clearing operation was under way to clear the Filhol Rubber Plantation.  At the time of this writing all vegetation between Cu Chi and Phu Hoa Dong had been cleared and has been denied to VC activity.
   During this period all three rifle companies received new commanders.  Captain John A. Dwyer assumed command of A Company, Captain Alfred M. Coke assumed command of B Company and Captain Gary Cecchine assumed command of C Company.

Operation Coronado II  (30 July  -  2 August)

   Following Operation AKUMA, the Golden Dragons were alerted for troop movement to the Mekong Delta to reinforce the 2d Brigade of the 9th Division.  The 9th Div, working with Vietnamese Marines, had hemmed in a regimental-size VC/ NVA force near My Tho and, while in the process of defeating the VC in piecemeal, needed a force to block VC exfiltration to the north.  The Golden Dragons, alerted for three days, received the word on 30 July to airlift into the Delta.  Conducting a massive airlift by CH-47 aircraft from Cu Chi, the battalion landed at a staging area near My Tho.  Within an hour after its arrival, the battalion was loaded on UH1Dís and conducted a combat assault west of My Tho into a blocking position.  In the next three days the Golden Dragons conducted a number of combat assaults into blocking positions in coordination with battalion-size sweeps in an endeavor to regain contact with the enemy.  Faced with an elusive enemy badly defeated by the elements of the 9th Div and the Vietnamese Marines, the Golden Dragons killed three VC (BC) and captured three POWís.  The operation concluded on 2 August 67 and the Golden Dragons reverted back to Barking Sands working in the area of operation east of Cu Chi.

Organization of Delta Company

   Under the new modified TO&E each rifle battalion in the 25th Division gained an additional rifle company.  The troops for the new company arrived in the Republic of Vietnam from Ft. Lewis, Washington, on 3 August 67.  Captain Allen R. Butler organized and commanded the new company.  In order that all companies in the 2/14th Inf would maintain the same experience level, each of the old companies integrated a percentage of the new soldiers into its unit while giving some of the more experienced soldiers to the new Delta Company.  Following this lateral transfer of personnel, the battalion went through a week of refresher training late in August.  The result of this action was a battalion of four rifle companies of relatively the same experience.

Operation WAIMEA  (22 August  -  26 August)

   During this operation the Golden Dragons were searching for elements of the 2d GO MON Bn,  MR IV, along the east-west canals of the Saigon River south of Phu Cuong.  The operation was launched by 8 series of airmobile combat assaults to search and destroy VC forces and installations.  Approximately 500 meters from the landing zone, Company A came upon a recently occupied and well-fortified base camp complex consisting of more than 200 well-camouflaged bunkers and command posts.  In addition many freshly cultivated cane fields, rice paddies and other type crops used by the VC were found.  A heavy bombardment by TAC air and artillery prior to the combat assault apparently alerted the VC as fresh footprints indicated that he had moved out of the base camp within the hour.  The decision was made by the Brigade Commander to stay in the base camp and destroy everything.  All of the bunkers were set up in defense in depth with killing zones and fire lanes for each bunker.  Additionally, numerous ambush sites were discovered within the base camp complex.  The Golden Dragons remained in the area until the termination of WAIMEA and destroyed all bunkers and living quarters.  Chain saws, demolitions and machetes in large quantities were airlifted into the area and a massive land clearing operation was undertaken by the soldiers of the 2/14th. All vegetation in the area, to include crops, was destroyed.  The Golden Dragons were well motivated in their work knowing only too well that the area had to be denied the enemy.  Upon completion of the clearing operation WAIMEA was terminated and the Golden Dragons, having been in water for over five days, were ready for refitting.  However, when the battalion returned to Cu Chi, fresh intelligence indicated a large enemy force had moved into the Iron Triangle.  The Golden Dragons received the mission of conducting an armed reconnaissance in force.  At this period of time, Captain Joseph M. Wilson assumed command of Company B.

The Iron Triangle  (26 August  -  28 August 67)

   With only hours to refit, the 2/14th Inf loaded on UH1D aircraft and conducted an airmobile combat assault into the infamous Iron Triangle.  The battalion conducted an armed reconnaissance in force with negative contact on the first day.  However on the second day companies A and D engaged an undetermined size enemy force and a three-hour battle ensued.  Having routed the enemy with Infantry supported by artillery and close air support, the battalion took up pursuit.  In trying to trap the elusive enemy, Company A came upon a large battalion-size base camp with elaborate large underground bunkers connected by tunnels.  The bunkers and living quarters had been occupied that day as evidenced by freshly cooked, still warm rice.  For the rest of that day and the next the Dragons destroyed the complex which covered an area of one thousand meters.  A total of three separate camps and over fifteen large buildings were destroyed in addition to two oxen, food, cooking utensils, bicycles, ammunition, and clothing.  The end result of at least a yearís work by the VC destroyed in a day and a half by the Dragons.

BARKING SANDS  (continued)

   Upon conclusion of the Iron Triangle Operation the battalion returned to AO Scarlet east of Cu Chi and conducted local search and destroy and search and clear operations in support of the GVN elections.  Also during this period the battalion went through its quarterly refresher training cycle.  On 13 September 1967 FSB Scarlet was dismantled and the Dragons left the area of operation it had been working for almost four months east of Cu Chi.

Operation KUNIA  (15 September  -  29 October)

   Operation KUNIA was a First Brigade operation conducted in the Ho Bo Woods, northeast of Cu Chi.  The long time rest and staging area for VC/NVA forces proved of primary importance to enemy forces in Hau Nhgia province.  The Golden Dragons launched KUNIA on 15 September 67 with a heliborne combat assault.  Within a matter of minutes all four rifle companies were on the ground and moved out on a detailed search and destroy mission.  Each Infantry battalion was given a section of the Ho Bo Woods for an AO and was responsible for searching and destroying all VC forces and installations.  The Golden Dragons met with immediate success on the first day when they uncovered a large base camp complex.  Painstaking effort was made to thoroughly search the area.  The Dragon soldiers uncovered documents, clothing, ammunition, rice and many bicycles.  In conjunction with the detailed search and destroy mission carried out by the two Infantry battalions the mechanized battalion of the brigade secured a land clearing team of 30 Rome plows which had the mission of leveling the Ho Bo Woods.  The job was magnanimous, movement was slow and the Golden Dragons were constantly exposed to mortar attacks, hundreds of well-concealed booby traps and stick mines and harassing small arms fire from stay-behind units.  Casualties from the booby traps during this operation were the highest yet encountered by the Golden Dragons.  From experience, the leaders of the 2/14th recognized a need to vary daily patterns of movement.  Working out of established bases for five or more days at a time, it was discovered that the VC were staying one step ahead and booby trapping the area the units would move into the following day.  Once this was recognized and the pattern broken, incidents of this nature were stopped.  Another lesson learned during this operation was that the VC were registering their mortars on the CH-47 aircraft which brought re-supply at night and extracted in the morning.  From a thousand meters away the VC could line up their mortars on the CH-47 as it hovered over the LZ dropping or picking up equipment.  It became necessary to send out, or in some cases leave out, patrols during these times and to use two or three different LZís with the helicopter making a low-level approach.  As the operation progressed and more land clearing was accomplished, units began to uncover large tunnel complexes.  Near the end of the operation two extensive tunnel complexes were discovered.  Tunnel rats were used to first check out and map the tunnels as far as possible, but due to cave-ins caused by the Rome plows and air strikes, this proved difficult.  Because of the close proximity of the Saigon River, an experiment in flooding the tunnels was initiated.  This project involved airlifting in thousands of feet of six-inch pipe and water pumps.  Once constructed, colored dye was used to mark the tunnel length and exits.  This method proved moderately successful.  The great quantities of water pumped in at 1000 GPM caused most of the tunnels to cave in.  In cases where the tunnel was so deep as to not cave in, powdered CS gas was placed in the mouth of the tunnel and the entrances blown.  While on a detailed search operation, Company A located a large weapons cache which included three 30 cal machine guns complete with tripods and T&E mechanisms, two BARís, a Russian assault gun, four Chicom light machine guns, a 60mm mortar, four 9mm parabellum French Commando grease guns and large quantities of 50 cal and 75mm ammunition.  In addition, a clothing factory was uncovered revealing over 350 lbs of cloth and uniforms.  Operation KUNIA was highly successful, resulting in a complete search and destroy operation covering the entire Ho Bo Woods.  The land clearing operation which followed completely leveled all foliage.  This joint effort succeeded in denying the VC effective use of this well-fortified stronghold.  During Operation KUNIA Captain William A. Montgomery assumed command of Company A and Captain Joseph R. Maio assumed command of C Company.

Operation UNIONTOWN  (30 October 67  -  17 Nov 67)

   Upon termination of Operation Kunia the Golden Dragons were assigned the Operation Uniontown mission which was a battalion security mission charged with securing Long Binh Post, IIFFV, and Bien Hoa Airbase.  The 2/14th Inf conducted a road convoy movement to Bien Hoa Airbase.  The 2/14th Inf conducted a road convoy movement to Bien Hoa and established a fire support base with B Battery, 7/11th Artillery and one organic company.  The remaining elements of the battalion were dispersed throughout the Uniontown AO in separate company and platoon-size bases.  In order to accomplish the mission, units had to carry out daylight saturation patrolling and night ambush patrols.  Emphasis was placed on platoon-size Eagle Flights and Company-size combat assaults in order to adequately cover the AO.  The lack of enemy contact during this operation allowed the battalion to mole its replacements into the units.  The practical exercises, caused by no enemy action, paid off in immeasurable dividends during the conduct of Operation Yellowstone.  During Uniontown command of the Golden Dragons once again with LTC Alfred M. Bracy assuming command from LTC James Von K. Ladd on 10 November 1967.

Movement From Cu Chi to Tay Ninh

   Relieved from the Uniontown mission on 17 Nov 1967, the Golden Dragons returned to Cu Chi to prepare for a displacement.  The First Brigade, in preparation for Operation Yellowstone, was being moved from Cu Chi to Tay Ninh to establish a new permanent base camp.  Given only 3 days to prepare and seven days to execute the move, the Golden Dragons once again displayed their ability to accomplish difficult tasks under the most adverse conditions.  By 25 November the Golden Dragons were relocated in Tay Ninh with the job ahead of constructing a new battalion area.  In addition, operations in preparation for War Zone C were continued.  On 27 Nov 1967 the 2/14th Infantry launched Operation Lundyís Lane II south of Tay Ninh.  This operation was cut short by an alert mission to reinforce the First Division, but the alert was called off shortly thereafter.  The Golden Dragons immediately moved back to the field on a road security mission in the vicinity of Soui Da in preparation for troop movement into War Zone C.

Operation YELLOWSTONE  (8 Dec 1967  -  10 Mar 1968)

   On 8 Dec 1967 Operation Yellowstone, which consisted of the 25the Divisionís First and Third Brigades operating in War Zone C, was launched.  The mission of the 2/14th Infantry was to establish the forward supply base at Katum, located 50 kilometers north of Tay Ninh near the Cambodian border.  With CIDG Forces having secured the KATUM airstrip on 7 Dec, the 2/14th Infantry conducted an airmobile insertion into the area with UH1D aircraft.  Assisted by 1/49 ARVN Inf the Golden Dragons established a perimeter and began the monumental task of clearing fields of fire in the triple canopy jungle, constructing bunkers and fighting positions, and building a First Brigade Base Camp and forward supply area.  From the first day the Dragons were subjected to heavy mortar attacks, resulting in local patrols and company-size sweeps in order to locate and eliminate the enemy units.  The Golden Dragons learned quickly that they were confronted with a well-disciplined enemy consisting of North Vietnamese Regulars.  The 2/14th Infantry on several occasions made heavy contact with the enemy but proved once again that they were more than prepared for the mission by leaving numerous Viet Cong and NVA dead on the battlefield.  The year 1967 ended with the Golden Dragons establishing and defending a fire support base southeast of KATUM, conducting search and destroy operations during the day, and defending and building the base at night.

List of Valorous Awards


Hill, Robert M SP4 Co B 2 Feb 67 BSV
Otjen, John P CPT HHC 7 Jan 67 BSV
Parker, David L SGM HHC 16 Jan 67 AMV
Saboe, Arlo G PFC Co C 8 Apr 67 BSV
Norat, Jose E PFC Co C 6 Apr 67 ACMV
White, Gerald SP4 Co A 16 Apr 67 BSV
Johnson, Ronald L SP4 Co B 2 Feb 67 BSV
Clenbaas, Jack SP4 Co B 8 Jun 67 BSV
Beasley, Edward PVT Co C 28 Apr 67 SS
Reese, George A PFC Co B 24 Apr 67 BSV
Sigua, Lawrence PFC Co B 24 Apr 67 SS
Faulkner, James A SP4 Co B 12 May 67 BSV
Riddle, David SP4 Co C 28 Apr 67 SS
Mamea, Fanuatanu SGT Co A 6 May 67 BSV
Holbrook, Samuel O MSG Co B 24 Apr 67 BSV
Griffin, John P PFC Co B 24 Apr 67 BSV
Byers, John W CPT Co A 26 May 67 BSV
Norris, Melvin J PFC Co B 15 Jun 67 BSV
Trippel, Dennis L 1LT Co C 26 May 67 BSV
Phillips, Frederick C CPT Co C 26 May 67 BSV
Madden, George R SP4 Co C 5 Jun 67 SS
Ross, Robert E SP4 Co C 15 Jul 67 ACMV
Wheeler, James K SP4 Co A 26 May 67 SS
Hillyer, Richard R SP4 Co A 26 May 67 BSV
Smith, Larry G SP4 Co A 26 May 67 ACMV
Knorek, Walter E SP4 Co A 26 May 67 BSV
Ricca, John J 2LT Co A 26 May 67 BSV
Sweeley, Robert A SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 SS
Waldera, Thomas L 1LT Co A 8 Aug 67 SS
Hazamy, Joseph SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Viet, Ignacio E SGT Co A 8 Aug 67 ACMV
Winters, Luther Jr SSG Co A 8 Aug 67 ACMV
Roach, William M SSG Co A 8 Aug 67 ACMV
Cox, Clifford M PSG Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Ricca, John J 1LT Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Deichl, Norbet J PFC Co A 8 Aug 67 ACMV
Necessary, Douglas H 2LT Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Tate, Kenneth L SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Glover, Donald SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Ogletree, Carey J SSG Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Bertoldi, Robert A SP5 HHC 8 Aug 67 BSV
Banks, James E SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Jackson, Lloyd L SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Rothberg, Robert A 2LT Co A 8 Aug 67 SS
Dwyer, John A CPT Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Carlton, Martin W SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 ACMV
Ozog, Darrel L PFC Co A 8 Aug 67 SS
Young, Michael W SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Shipley, Kenneth E SP4 Co A 8 Aug 67 BSV
Kearns, Mollis E SP4 Co A 27 Aug 67 ACMV
Sullivan, William G SP4 Co A 27 Aug 67 ACMV
Knopsnyder, Alfred L SSG Co C 12 Jul 67 BSV
Pack, Kenneth R SP4 Co B 18 Aug 67 BSV
Dean, Ellis A SP4 Co C 3 Oct 67 ACMV
Palmer, Clyde C SP4 Co C 29 Sep 67 BSV
Hatmaker, Danny C PFC Co C 29 Sep 67 ACMV
Schafer, Larry K SP4 Co C 29 Sep 67 BSV
Terrell, Alan R 2LT Co B 27 Aug 67 SS
Farris, Garnett T SP4 Co B 27 Aug 67 ACMV
Havlik, John M SP4 Co B 27 Aug 67 ACMV
Kostoe, Charles L SP4 Co B 27 Aug 67 ACMV
Autry, Michael K SP4 Co B 27 Aug 67 BSV
Wolfe, James D SP5 Co B 27 Aug 67 BSV
Knopsnyder, Alfred L SSG Co C 12 Jul 67 ACMV
Rekasis, Joe PFC Co C 15 Jan 67 SS
Popken, Robert E 1LT Co C 30 Sep 67 BSV
Zackowski, Edward F SGT Co D 27 Nov 67 SS (Post)
Bracy, Alfred M LTC HHC 14 Nov 67 AMV
Pauley, John H SP4 Co D 27 Nov 67 BSV


This copy of the Annual Historical Supplement was obtained by and has been generously contributed by Robert Popken, platoon leader and then commander of Charlie Co., 2/14th Inf.


Annual Historical Supplement - 1967
Copyright © 2008 Kirk S. Ramsey
Last modified: February 20, 2015